Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014: A Year in Review



Yesterday was New Year’s Eve, and it was also my twenty-ninth birthday. 2014 was an interesting year. It was full of laughter and fun as well as heartache and stress. It’s weird having my birthday on New Year’s Eve.  It’s my birthday so it’s supposed to be fun and lighthearted but because it’s the end of the year I found myself contemplative and more serious than normal. 2014 was difficult but turned out to be surprisingly good.  Here’s a brief overview:

January- we met up with Jeff’s two brothers in Orlando. We visited Sea World and had a fun night at City Walk with the adults.

February- We braved a trip to Chicago to visit Jeff’s brother, Jason. It snowed while we were there and it was bitterly cold, but overall we enjoyed our time.

March- Our trip to Chicago was from Late February to the beginning of March.

May- I ended my junior year at Florida Gulf Coast University! Officially a senior that means graduation is right around the corner.

June- I decided it was time for me to leave Sarasota Memorial and I began looking for employment elsewhere.

July- Jeff and I visited St. John and St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. It was one of the best vacations we’ve been on.

August- I turned in my two weeks notice at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. It was sad but also incredibly freeing.  I begin my internship at the local school board working with homeless families. I am surprised by how much I enjoy it.

September- A client that I had worked for three years passed away on September 11. It was bittersweet because we all miss her, but Barbara was really ready to meet Jesus. I know she’s in a better place. 

October- My parents decide they are going to sell their home.

November- Jeff gets a call from HCA. After one interview, he is hired on as an accountant. We are ecstatic. We had a nice thanksgiving with our parents at our home.

December- Jeff begins his new job and loves it! We pack up our belongings and move to the Tampa area. Adventure awaits us! I leave my job to find something closer to our home. Jeff and I had a nice Christmas with his family down in Fort Myers. This year we decided to do a white elephant gift exchange. It was fun! I was also able to take part in an amazing Christmas party that collected gifts for three families in the program where I intern. I was also able to deliver the gifts. It was by far the most rewarding thing I did this Christmas. 

As usual, our year was anything less than exciting. We have been blessed to be able to travel a little and visit with friends and family. Beginning my internship this year was very challenging. I felt like it took me the entire semester to acclimate to working and interning and studying. I felt so much like a juggler in a three-ring circus. However, I eventually I was able to figure it out. I love my internship. I thought that I wouldn’t like working with teenagers, but surprisingly I thoroughly enjoy it. I think I chose the right profession.

A tremendous blessing this year has been Jeff getting a job in his field. I am so thankful that he was able to get that job. He enjoys it so much! My heart loves to see him happy.  I also love to see people in professions they are passionate about. I feel like that has the potential to give our lives signifigant meaning.

Here’s to 2015.

In 2015, I will graduate with my Bachelor’s degree!!! I cannot wait to see what the future holds. I know that it’s exciting! I feel like this educational journey has lasted forever, and I am ready for a break.

We wish you and your family a happy New Year and a blessed 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment